The Consequence of Boredom

Monday, June 28, 2004

The Beginning

Well, I've decided to try out this whole blogging thing. It's hard to say how long it will last, but it could be fun.
I'm beginning to realize that I have only 14 more days in Colorado this summer, and starting tomorrow, I'm working 12 of those days without a day off. I spent my last weekend off with Lisa and Carly visiting Dustin (who, by the way, is again just a friend) and Luke at (along with a handful of other ACU people) at Camp Blue Haven in New Mexico. It was an uneventful, but still entertaining weekend, especially knowing that Luke is still clueless that the mystery love note he found was written by us. HA! And who can go wrong with a weekend camping at the local KOA, even with torrential rain for most of the weekend.
Life in Fort Collins is definitely different now, but I have been blessed with being content in the ways things are now. I have been able to spend a lot of time with my parents, which has become more and more important to me since I went to Abilene. I did get to see several friends from high school for awhile last week. I even had a very UNCOE-esque conversation with my friend Trey after mentioning the pirate-ninja party. He went into a very excited and descriptive account of how awesome ninjas are and that pirates and ninjas are constantly fighting, yet no one ever wins, because they are both equally dominant. It held true to the infamous March competition which was only won after a shocking tie between the pirates and the ninjas. That was by far the highlight of my week.

Now comes sleep so I can work hard and sell lots of sandwiches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home