The Consequence of Boredom

Friday, July 02, 2004

Exploding Soup

I burned my hand on the potato soup at work today. How genius is that? I was grabbing it out of the microwave, and before I could get it to level ground the hot steam got to me, and woops, it slipped out of my hand. The impending splash covered most of the microwave, the countertop, and of course me. My right hand was scalded, and my shirt was crusted with soup. Luckily the container didn't actually tip over, so much of the soup was saved at the sacrifice of my hand. It stung for most of the night, and now it basically feels like a bad sunburn, especially if anything hot touches it. Ow, mega sting.
Ya know, I made through all of last summer without any major incidents at work. This summer, my first night back I cut myself on the slicer, and now this.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Tracy! Good to see you've joined the blog world. (I think Mark has started a new trend). It sounds like you are having a good summer. Sorry about your hand--I hope it's doing better. Continue to have a great summer and I'll see you in Abilene soon...and on blog!

    By Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker, at 7/06/2004 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home