The Consequence of Boredom

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Opportunity..

So my church here at home just finished up their study of The Purpose Driven Life tonight at church. The discussion focused mostly on spiritual gifts and getting out and doing something like volunteering, out-reach or anything that might be of personal interest...find something you're passionate about, and keep doing it.

This sent my mind spinning a bit considering I'm doing the church camp counselor thing for the first time next week, which I'm mostly excited about, but also slightly terrified (much less terrified than I was a few weeks ago). But then, after next week, my summer plans are more than a bit unclear. I need to find some kind of job, I will most likely be doing some intern type volunteering, and I have to put together the YBP scrapbook (a daunting task). Those plans, though they should keep me occupied, seem so empty to me...isn't there something more?

Enter Opportunity (AKA God showing up in a big and obvious way):
After church, one of our deacons asked me if I would like to go to Honduras for a week in July.
First response: I just got back from Europe, there's no way I could afford another trip out of the country.
Conversation continues: The trip would only cost about $500 (possibly less) because of various funding from the church.
Where I am right now: I really really want to do it. I still don't even have $500, but I'd be willing to write a support letter tomorrow and put it in the mail. I really feel like God has opened a huge door here, and I don't want it to slip by.

Basically, I really need prayers about this one.

2 Comments:

  • Going to Honduras is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I hope and pray that you can go! And that you love the people there as much as I do!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 6/02/2005 8:19 PM  

  • My prayers are yours, Tark! Can't wait to see what God can do through you! He's so awesome! Keep me posted!

    By Blogger wildlawman, at 6/03/2005 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home