The Consequence of Boredom

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Day of Random Happy Moments

- Becoming increasingly happy and excited because I am now going to Honduras for Spring Break, and it's basically completely paid for!!***

- Discovering a ladybug during chapel and watching it crawl all over my hands, and then on to my jeans, and then up to my propped up feet and toes...and after chapel I set it free on a bush outside the Bible building.

- It makes me happy when people come into the office looking for something they've lost and we have it. Today was especially exciting because a guy came in looking for his iPod that he left in chapel (basically expecting that it was stolen) and there it was in the drawer. I'm not sure...but I think he may have skipped down the hall out of joy. It made me feel like I did something good...even though I had nothing to do with finding it.

- I got a bloody nose at work (okay, it's not a particularly happy moment...but it was unusual, so it counts)

- Listening to Dr. Ash talk about the Chronicles of Narnia and use the voices of Puzzle and Reepicheep...and using the word "orgyastic" in his lecture in reference to the taste of the toffee from the toffee tree in The Magician's Nephew.

- Going to Third Rock for yummy chocolate ice cream.

- Discover the I Love Toys countdown on VH1...what a genius idea for a TV show!

- Being inspired by Amy to look through old photos from high school and such and post them on Facebook...it made me realize that growing out my bangs was one of the best decisions I've EVER made.



***So the whole Honduras thing....
First of all, it's amazing what God can do to turn you around and inside out and upside down in such a short amount of time. He has been so visible in so many ways since the last time I posted.

Friday night before our band concert...Carissa comes up to me and asks me if I want to go to Hoduras for Spring Break:

First thought: I had kinda planned on going to Houston...but I hadn't made concrete plans yet.
Second thought: There is no possible way I can afford a $1000 trip.

Carissa knew that I already had the shots and a passport because I've been to Honduras before, and she continued to tell me that she thought that by the support of several different sources, most of the trip could probably be covered. Not much time passed, and I was suddenly committed to going. I was a bit nervous about the money, but I knew God would take care of it. Most of Friday night I was laughing to myself because the situation seemed so crazy! I had told Carissa that I was willing to pay about $300 out of pocket, and she would work on finding support for the rest. She called me Saturday...$700+ was already completely covered. This did not include money that was coming from my home church. So basically, two days after I sign up to go on a trip I had never planned on going on, the cost is completely covered. GOD IS INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!

I am so excited about the group that is going, and I am so excited about the things God is going to do!

I'm beginning to wonder what kind of role Honduras may have in my long-term future: this is the second time in less than a year that I'm going, and both trips have been 100% God's work and not mine. Two trips that were not planned in the long term, but that I was asked to go on. God is working on something, and I think it's gonna be big. I told myself after this summer that I would be going back to Honduras...and well, here I go!

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
- Proverbs 19:21

1 Comments:

  • i'm glad the incredible spring break plans worked out! and i love dr. ash, too...he can be so funny at unexpected moments.

    By Blogger Julie, at 3/10/2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home