The Consequence of Boredom

Friday, March 10, 2006

Much Ado....

Wow! Sometimes I really wish I was a bit less of an emotional person.

Soooo.....this morning I had the last $150 of money that I needed to turn in for my campaign in the form of a check from my mom. The originial plan was to just cash in at the Campus Store and hand the money over to Alan at chapel.

Yes, well, that would have been entirely too simple.

My original impression was that the Campus Store would cash checks up to $200, but that is actually only for ACU checks...personal checks can only be $100. Shot down once.

Next stop, First Financial Bank at Wal-Mart. Nope, won't cash it because I don't have an account with the bank. Shot down twice.

Next stop, one counter over at Wal-Mart customer service. Stand in line about ten minutes, get to the counter....they only cash payroll checks, not personal checks. Shot down thrice.

My only remaining option: one of those shady check cashing stores. I hand over the check, but they have to verify that it is legitimate by calling the phone number of the person on the check, which is my home phone, which naturally will not be answered because my mother is at work. Shot down four times. (is there a word that comes after thrice? cuz there should be.)

Finally, I have given up on the check and decided that I would just pull the money out of my savings account and have my mom redeposit the $150. At this point, I was extremely aggravated and I was suffering from a massive sinus headache (again).

ATM in the Campus Center (right as chapel is letting out): type in $150 cash withdrawl.....do you want a receipt...yes...receipt comes out, screen goes back to beginning....no money. That makes....five times shot down. By now, my stress level and emotions are on complete overload and I just started crying, pretty much uncontrollably. I finally talk to the wonderful deskworker extrodinaire, Julie, who knew exactly what happened. It was simply that the ATM only gives money in $20 increments. I go back to the ATM try again with $160, and Ta-da! I have money.
(thanks, Julie!)

The End...everything's fine...

...except for the fact that I'm an emotional basketcase and I'm still crying and I have to go to band. After insisting to several people through my continuing tears that everything is really fine now, I took a few minutes in the bathroom to wash off my face, slow my breathing down to a normal rate, and take some Excedrin for the headache.

I finally went in to band and made it through rehearsel, and I am actually in a very good mood now.

I'm going back to Honduras tomorrow! Yay!!

1 Comments:

  • Awe, I hate days like that where nothing goes right and the stess level rises to the breaking point. But I'm glad it worked out. Have a great time on your campaign!

    By Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker, at 3/13/2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home