The Consequence of Boredom

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Blessings and Prayers

Ok, so camp was over nearly a week ago now, but it was a great week. It was my first experience as a camp counselor, and I was definitely blessed. Our whole group of about 25 junior high kids all got along wonderfully...which is pretty much amazing. There were all sorts of good times, and lots of blessings that we all learned from the life of David. Along with that, after all the rain we've had, the camp was absolutely beautiful and green and perfect....couldn't have been better.

More blessings: I'm going to Honduras! And not only that, I am the official "female chaperone"...ha. Seems a little bit odd to me, but ok. I know all of the girls that are going, so I'm not too worried. Otherwise I'm absolutely thrilled about the trip. We loaded up my car with junk tonight for our church garage sale to raise money for the trip. Now I just have to get a support letter in the mail.




And Prayers:
Anika Michelle Bott was born to Jason (my cousin) and Candace Bott on Saturday June 11. Since then, she has already had one heart surgery, and she has at least two more surgeries scheduled. The doctors think she might have Turner's Syndrome, which is a genetic defect in which all or part of one of the X chromosomes is missing. Prayers needed for Anika and for the strength of her family.

And prayers for Chris Brannan, who is recovering from surgery to remove an abcess from his brain. It is a long, tedious recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home