The Consequence of Boredom

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Football Makes Me Happy

Life without cable has been somewhat of an adjustment for me. Really, it's probably good that we don't have TV because it would probably always be on. I do, however, very much miss watching my sports. At least I don't have to worry about not being able to see hockey games, cuz those sure are out of the picture this year. As the NHL goes down the hole, a gap is left in my heart....but, alas, it is Intramural football season. I have three teams that have my full support: the Big Purple guys team, the Big Purple girls team, and of course Alpha Kai Omega (who, by the way, sure did beat the Kojies tonight, I was very happy). Every once in awhile I might even stop by at a Pike or GSP game if I feel so inclined to do so. So at least for the next several weeks, I will have no worries of having no TV, because I can spend all the time I want (in which I should probably be studying) watching Intramural football.

On a different note, it turns out that the ACO (Abilene Collegiate Orchestra) really is trying to take over my life. Our first concert is in just a few weeks, on October 15. Ok, yeah, great, whatever....the problem: not only in October 15 a Friday (who schedules concerts on Fridays, seriously) but it is also the night of AkaiO's grub. There is anger and sadness, yes, but I am determined to make it work. One way or another I will go to both...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home