The Consequence of Boredom

Sunday, October 17, 2004

A good weekend

So it turns out that dressing as the game pieces from "The Game of Life" was not a unique idea at all. Next year's grub...i'm going all out...I will have a unique costume, and it will be awesome. I definitely enjoyed the hour of grub I attended: running around, getting all of the necessary pictures taken, sprinting across a very crowded room to grab one of the first pizzas so Justin and I can eat and run; all very fun. And eat and run we did, I was basically stuffing my second slice of pizza in my mouth while I was driving to the orchestra concert, it was awesome. After a quick costume change in the car, there was the orchestra concert. It actually went quite well, definitely one of the best orchestra concerts since I've been here. Then there was the return home, Toy Story 2, the sticky bat incident (which, by the way, is still thouroughly stuck to the ceiling), some spilled water, and bed.

Saturday was good. After skipping out on our club activity a little early, got to watch the miniscule McMurray band perform Veggie Tales at UIL. As for our performance later that day, I think it went well. There was absolutely no wind, which is always a miraculous occurence in west Texas, and it made life as a guard member much easier.

Ah, IW. So there may not be a consistent definition of "independent" anymore, we are still independent women. We can still eat lots of food...whether it is Yummy Mexican food, or even yummier junkfood; we can discover that attempting to wax your legs really isn't worth it at all; we can watch the two girliest movies of the year (Mean Girls and 13 Going on 30) and laugh and cry and never feel awkward about it; we can feel victorious in the fact that the girls of RELM are fabulous pranksters; we can giggle with glee that Katrina is finally engaged to Mark; and it is all a beautiful thing.


Hypothesis: it is a great idea to go to early service, come home and take a nap, then have the rest of the afternoon to actually accomplish something.
Conclusion: It's Sunday afternoon, no matter what, I will not accomplish anything of any value whatsoever, I should really just learn to accept that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home