The Consequence of Boredom

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Grumpiness, junkfood, and a sore nose

My definition of grumpy: the kind of bad mood you might have when you are tired, hot, hungry, and overall just annoyed with mankind. You feel this way, and you know it's silly, but you refuse to be in a better mood, because a bad mood just seems like a much better option at the time.
And after a 10:00 guard sectional, followed by a hard-core pre-game rehearsel with sprinting across the field and hot sweatiness; and of course getting chocolate smeared all over my arm, it's only natural right?
So once the football game started, I got over the grumpiness pretty quick, and actually enjoyed the game quite a bit. I had food in my belly (a hot dog and cheetos), I found out that OU beat UT (go OU!), and after a pretty pitiful first half, ACU pulled out a win over an 0-6 team. Of course that doesn't include our halftime performance. It actually went pretty well, I felt pretty good about MOST of my personal performance, minus the double toss that i dropped on my face at the end of our second song. (I hate West Texas wind) OW, that one hurt a whole lot, and I sure did have to just keep marching. Luckily, the bleeding was minor enough that I didn't even notice it until I got off the field, but my nose sure is tender still. It makes for a good story tho, I think that's the first time I've actually hurt myself during a performance.
Today was the type of day that being a Nutrition major isn't much fun, cuz I just feel horribly guilty about everything I ate today. Okay, so I had my typical ceral bar breakfast...not too bad...but then there was the hot dog and cheetos for lunch, various other snacks throughout the game, pizza for dinner, heavily buttered popcorn and cookies and a brownie. If it wasn't for my two glasses of milk, I think I might feel like a complete failure. Oh well, such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home