The Consequence of Boredom

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The last _____ of the semester

There have been a lot of those statements in the past couple weeks. The last Kai-O meeting, the last micro class, the last band rehearsel, etc, etc, etc. Today consisted of a couple of those: the last day off, the last trip to the mall (or at least I sure hope so, I've been such a mall rat lately), the last greasy pizza hut pizza, the last HIP.
I guess this shows how life can become so routine. Every day we expect the same things...and yet, every day is a day of firsts. These may be the little things, but they are always there. Like today:
It was the first time I've ever seen a man pull over on the side of the road just to throw a six-pack of empty beer bottles into the creek...what goes through people's minds when they do stuff like that. It probably took so much more effort to do that than to throw them in a trash can.
It was also the first time I've ever seen (pictures of) a dishwasher overflowing with soap suds. Here's a tip, don't use liquid dish soap.

So I'm not exactly sure if there is much of a point to this...I guess it's just one way of saying that I am blessed...or that every ending has a new beginning, or maybe that you should always look for the little experiences in life that keep things interesting...I dunno...take it how you please, and there it is.

1 Comments:

  • Great thoughts! Maybe we should think more about the "firsts" of every day instead of the "lasts." I hope you have a very merry Christmas. I miss all you guys! May God bless you with firsts AND lasts. Love ya, Tracy!

    By Blogger wildlawman, at 12/10/2004 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home