The Consequence of Boredom

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sugar High Holidays

There are way too many sweets in this house. Mom and I spent all this past week baking...I don't even want to know how many pounds of sugar we've used.

So the whirlwind Christmas weekend is finally coming to a close. After Kari's family came in Thursday, we went to pick up Amy at the airport Friday morning. We met some friends from Denver for lunch at the Chili's with the worst service ever....I could list everything that went wrong, but I won't. Needless to say, we won't go to that Chili's again. We're one of those families that opens family presents all on Christmas Eve, so when we got home, Amy spent the rest of the afternoon wrapping presents, and Kari and I did some last minute shopping. By the end of the night, Kari and I had gotten the exact same or very similar presents for nearly every member of the family. She got Kaedyn the same toy I did (it was exchanged before presents were opened), we got the same book for my mom, we both got my dad slippers (at least they weren't the same ones), and we got the same stuffed dog for Amy, and she got me the same giraffe I got for Lisa. That aspect made opening presents pretty entertaining. On the receiving end, I was pretty well satisfied. The biggest and most exciting present I got is that I get to go to Oxford for Maymester!! Super excited about that one. Got a new coat, a printer, couple other little things. Good Christmas. Santa came Christmas morning for Kaybre and Kaedyn and most of Christmas day was spent eating food, watching the Broncos finally win (we knew they would because of the pretty blue and orange Bronco sunset), and hangin out with the family. Church this morning, followed by an always interesting brunch with my girls. Spent the afternoon decorating what seemed like thousands of cookies...it got a little chaotic, especially when Amy launched the frosting covered egg beaters at me. And finally, tonight was the extended family Christmas with my dad's side of the family. More good food, Kari and I got Grandma the same pair of socks, more presents, etc. Kaybre got a Chicken Dance Cookie Monster...she enjoyed watching it dance and wobble around....as long as it wasn't walking towards her...then she was terrified. The best toy of the night was of course the simplest...stacking boxes. Kaedyn made the tower, Kaybre knocked it down...hours of fun.
And that's Christmas. It's been tons of fun having the nieces running around the house, it's hours of free entertainment. Every time I come home, I cherish family time more and more, and sometimes, it makes it pretty hard to leave. It's hard to believe that I have to head back to Abilene in a little over a week...but hey, I can't wait to get back and see everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home